First of all, it is important to clarify what Cystitis is, also called inflammation of the urinary bladder. It is a pathology caused by a bacterial infection that can cause pain or discomfort and can lead to a serious infection if it affects the kidneys.
Cystitis is the most common disease of the urinary system and of the entire body after pathologies of respiratory origin. Therefore, you should take it very seriously, especially if you are a woman.
The origin of cystitis and main affected
The causes of cystitis can be multiple, but one of the most common is caused by germs in the urine, usually bacteria – the most dangerous of which is scientifically called Escherichia Coli and colloquially ‘the fucking pipi bacteria’-, but also viruses or fungi. Exceptionally, it can also occur due to a reaction to certain medications, irritating products and other causes.
It affects people of all ages, although, especially, women of childbearing age or the elderly of both sexes.
Symptoms of cystitis or urine infection in women
Some of the symptoms of cystitis are as follows:
- Urgent and permanent need to urinate
- Urination pain, burning or stinging
- High urinary frequency
- Abnormally reduced urine flow
- Presence of blood in the urine
- Cloudy urine with a strong odor
- Pelvic discomfort
- Sensation of pressure in the lower abdomen
- Absence of fever (if you have a fever, you may have something more serious than cystitis)
Treatments: natural or antibiotics
If you suffer from all or some of the symptoms mentioned, first of all, you should contact your doctor and explain your situation to him/her so that he/she can prescribe the most appropriate treatment.
If you suffer from cystitis, the first thing you should do is choose the treatment profile. There are two treatments for cystitis or urine infection: antibiotics and natural treatments.
Natural treatments for cystitis
First of all, we must not confuse the concept of ‘natural treatments’ with ‘home remedies’. Natural treatments are food supplements sold in pharmacies manufactured by pharmaceutical laboratories –such as Vitae Health Innovation -, which must offer all the guarantees at the level of quality and reliability of its products, as well as the ingredients that make them up.
The most common format of natural treatments for cystitis are over-the-counter urine infection pills. These are natural food supplements that are sold in pharmacies and do not require a prescription.
Effective Natural Ingredients for Urine Infection
These natural pills for cystitis are treatments based on natural ingredients. Although the formulation depends on each laboratory, there are some that are very common and with proven efficacy.
- Pomegranate extract: It has a powerful antibacterial, antibiotic and antioxidant effect.
- Grape extract: With an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect.
- Horsetail: powerful diuretic, healing, antihemorrhagic and relaxant of the urinary ducts
- Cranberry extract: Antimicrobial, bactericidal and biofilm reducer .
- Rosemary extract: Rosmarinic acid has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antimicrobial and antioxidant action.
- Bearberry: Antiseptic and antibiotic.
- Solidago : Diuretic, healing and disinfectant of the urinary tract.
- Hibiscus: Diuretic, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory.
- Bearberry: Anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
- Orthosiphon : Diuretic and antiseptic.
- Dandelion: Diuretic
Types of antibiotics for cystitis
In the field of antibiotics, professionals often prescribe Fosfomycin, Nitrofurantoin or fluoroquinolones, while beta- lactams can also be used in some cases depending on the characteristics of each patient.
In any case, the important thing is to treat the body in the most physiological way and always consult with our trusted health professional.