Technically, cystitis is a urinary tract infection and is usually the result of a bladder infection. It is usually more frequent in women than in men and, as a general rule, it disappears within a few days of treatment, but there are more complex cases in which cystitis becomes recurrent.
Among the cystitis symptoms we find the constant and frequent urge to pee along with a feeling of burning and pain and in small amounts, blood in the urine, pelvic discomfort, a feeling of pressure in the lower abdomen and low fever, etc.
Urine infections are the 2nd most frequent cause of out-of-hospital infection treated in hospitals and at least 37% of women will present this type of infection throughout their lives.
The appearance of biofilms
The biofilm is a film created by the bacteria around it, forming a kind of ” mushroom ” that adheres to the surface of the bladder to ensure bacterial survival. In this way, they can resist and protect themselves against the individual’s immune response without being completely eliminated with antibiotic treatments.
If these biofilms are formed, we find recurrent cystitis since the antibiotics stop having their effect and, therefore, it is necessary to introduce ingredients, such as blueberries, to break these biofilms.
Natural ingredients to treat cystitis
- Pomegranate extract: it has antibacterial properties and antibiotic potential. It also has a powerful antioxidant effect that is very beneficial to fight inflammation and boost overall health.
- Rosemary extract: it contains rosmarinic acid, with a powerful antibacterial, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory action. It has specific activity against E-Coli bacteria, as an anti-inflammatory and antibacterial. Finally, it also has a high antioxidant capacity.
- Grapefruit extract: it has a high antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial capacity. It is healing and disruptor of biofilms.
- Cranberry extract: reduces the production of biofilms due to its antimicrobial and bactericidal activity. It is a great ally for the prevention of recurrent urinary tract infections in healthy women.
UrinVita is a natural food supplement based on pomegranate, grape, cranberry and rosemary extract. Thanks to its content in proanthocyanidins and procyanidins, it contributes to the well-being of the urinary system.
It is recommended for:
- Prevent urinary problems
- Promote proper urinary function
- Protect the body, cleaning the urinary tract
- Help achieve a diuretic and purifying effect
- Provide antioxidants and help shorten infectious processes
- Contribute to the prevention against the formation of bacterial resistance in the form of biofilm
Like all food supplements, we always recommend that they be taken under the supervision of a healthcare professional.