Turmeric, is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and used medicinally for over 4,000 years, is excellent for arthritis, skin health, digestion, immune system, and even cancer.
- 2 cups lite coconut milk, I used canned
- 1 thin slice lemon, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons raw orange blossom honey, regular raw honey will work as well
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, you can also use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled turmeric
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- Combine the coconut milk, lemon, honey, coconut butter, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper and vanilla into a high powered blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a simmer, whisking to combine the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can serve the latte as is at this point, it will be thick or you can strain it before you serve for a thinner version. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon if desired.
Vitae, because health is more than just the absence of illness!