Nutritional highlights of Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
Turmeric, is known for its anti-inflammatory properties and used medicinally for over 4,000 years, is excellent for arthritis, skin health, digestion, immune system, and even cancer.
- 2 cups lite coconut milk, I used canned
- 1 thin slice lemon, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons raw orange blossom honey, regular raw honey will work as well
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter, you can also use coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled turmeric
- 1 teaspoon grated peeled ginger
- pinch of salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground cinnamon
- Combine the coconut milk, lemon, honey, coconut butter, turmeric, ginger, salt, pepper and vanilla into a high powered blender. Blend until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a saucepan and bring to a simmer, whisking to combine the ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- You can serve the latte as is at this point, it will be thick or you can strain it before you serve for a thinner version. Sprinkle the top with cinnamon if desired.
If you are interested in musculoskeletal health you can visit our web and you will find more information and natural food supplements