In this article we are goinng to talk about what you need and how to cook a Caprese stuffed garlic butter portobellos. This healthy meal has an antioxidant effect, inmune system suppor and cardiovascular benefits.
Nutritional highlights of Caprese stuffed garlic butter portobellos
Portobello mushrooms are low in Sodium, and very low in Saturated Fat and Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Protein, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Magnesium, Zinc and Manganese, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Selenium.
Portobello health facts: immune system support, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, cardiovascular benefits, anti-cancer,
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
- 5 large Portobello Mushrooms, stem removed, washed and dried with a paper towel
- 5 fresh mozzarella cheese balls, sliced thinly
- 1 cup grape (or cherry) tomatoes, sliced thinly
- fresh basil, shredded to garnish
Balsamic Glaze: (you can use store bought, or this recipe)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to grill/broil settings on high heat. Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Combine all of the Garlic Butter ingredients together in a small saucepan (or microwave safe bowl), and melt until garlic is fragrant. Brush the bottoms of each mushroom and place them, buttered side down, on a baking tray.
- Fill each mushroom with the mozzarella slices and tomatoes, and grill/broil until cheese has melted and golden in colour (about 8 minutes).
- To serve, top with the basil, drizzle with the balsamic glaze and sprinkle with salt to taste.
For the Balsamic Glaze:
- (If making from scratch, prepare while mushrooms are in the oven.) Combine sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low; allow to simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture has thickened and reduced to a glaze.
If you want more information about inmune system suppor or defences, you can visit our Defences Healthy Bar or check our prodcuts of Defences and Inmune System