The well-known vitamin C or ascorbic acid is the main nutritional supplement for children and adults, required to take as the body does not produce it. Vitamin C gives us great benefits, so it is considered a staple supplement in the kitchen cabinet or on the nightstand, and we advise you to take the following aspects of vitamin C into consideration.
Benefits of Vitamin C
- Promotes several vital enzymatic antioxidants.
- Prevents oxidation of vitamin A, vitamin E and substances that make up the complex B (riboflavin, thiamine, folic acid and pantothenic acid).
- Activates the defence mechanisms of the body, fighting germs such as viruses and bacteria.
- It acts on the mechanism of synthesis of some hormones
- Prevents deficiency, in which normal collagen synthesis in the body is altered.
- It is commonly found in citrus fruit like orange, tangerine, lime and lemon.
- Lowers blood cholesterol levels and helps regulate blood pressure.
- It has antioxidant ability, thereby preventing the formation of free radicals, which are harmful to the environment and favour multiple pathologies such as development of cancer.
- Reduces symptoms of allergies.
- Promotes wound healing process.
When to take Vitamin C
Consumption of this vitamin is required throughout life for our development, growth and also for tissue regeneration. Ask your doctor to recommend the appropriate dosage for each stage of our life. Help your body to maintain balance with VitaminC supplement and recover your antioxidant capacity.