The human body is wise and is created to fight viruses and bacteria on its own. The defenses will not always be 100%, since any change in diet, lack of exercise… can cause our immune system to be affected and make it easier for these viruses and bacteria to attack our defenses. In this article we will explain how to strengthen the immune system quickly.
Symptoms of weakness of the immune system: How can we know the state of our defenses?
If we learn to listen to our body, we will realize that it can tell us many things. In this case, it warns us that something in our immune system is not working well, that is, there are certain symptoms, signs that we can associate with a drop in our immune system:
- We tend to have recurring infections or colds
- Occurrence of allergies
- Common illnesses that last longer than normal
- Frequent fever
- Dry eyes
- Habitual tiredness
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Hair loss
- Muscle pain without having played sports
Strengthen our defenses with the food
Foods are our great allies to strengthen our immune system, they have great power in our body. Here are some of them:
- Garlic: It is a powerful natural antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral. It lowers blood pressure, prevents colds and lowers cholesterol.
- Turkey and chicken : they are high in vitamin B6, therefore, it helps the immunity of the intestines and the production of red blood cells
- Spinach: of all the vegetables out there, spinach is especially effective. They have antioxidant power, rich in vitamins A, C and K, which are important for the maintenance of bones and tissues and also for regulating blood clotting.
- Red pepper: contains twice as much vitamin C as citrus. Strengthens eye health, improves skin, prevents anemia and reduces anxiety and insomnia.
- Pomegranate: it is one of the best fruits for the immune system, since it has been shown to stop the proliferation of bacteria in the body such as salmonella, listeria or e- coli . It also reduces anxiety and insomnia.
Vitamins and minerals for the immune system
On the other hand, there are essential vitamins and minerals that should be consumed daily that help strengthen the immune system in both children and adults:
- Vitamin A: protects the heart and kidneys. It is found in green leafy vegetables such as broccoli or zucchini, and also in dairy products.
- Vitamin C: improves the ability of defenses to fight against antigens. They are found mainly in citrus fruits, Brussels sprouts, parsley or strawberries.
- Vitamin B6: helps in the formation of red blood cells and antibodies. We get it through chicken, pork, bananas or some whole grain products.
- Magnesium: when our body lacks magnesium, it can cause inflammation and accelerates the aging of cells. It is a mineral that appears in almonds, hazelnuts, chickpeas, white beans and especially pistachios.
- Iron: helps produce the proteins hemoglobin and myoglobin, responsible for transporting oxygen throughout the body. We find it in lentils, quinoa , seafood and red meat.
- Zinc: helps cell growth and is one of the most forgotten nutrients that helps strengthen the immune system. We can find it in oysters and clams, shellfish, liver and cheese.
- Copper: produces energy, develops the brain and keeps the immune system strengthened. It appears mainly in decaffeinated coffee, lamb and beef liver, Iberian ham and walnuts.
How we can prevent infections
- Healthy diet: it is important to have a good diet since depending on what we eat, it can help our immune system or even harm it. Try to eat plenty of vegetables, fruits, legumes, lean proteins and healthy fats.
- Practice sports: playing sports helps our body to have a stronger immune system, since it increases general circulation, and therefore, immune system cells travel more easily through the body.
- Good hydration: water is vitally important to have a good immune system. The reason is because in our body we have a fluid called lymph, which transports important immune cells to fight infections around the body, and it is composed mainly of water.
- Sleep quality: Studies show that people who don’t get enough sleep are more likely to get sick. It is even necessary to sleep certain hours since there are activities in our body that happen while we are asleep, for example, important molecules are created that fight infections.
- Having stress under control: stress causes our immune system to weaken and therefore, we are able to suffer an infection sooner than anyone else who does not have a high level of stress. Each person feels stress in different ways, so find those activities that help you reduce stress.
At Vitae we care about your health and that is why we try to offer the best of us, providing valuable ideas for your daily life. Many times, to achieve full well-being, supplementation is necessary, and below we tell you our proposal.
ImmunoVita is a supplement formulated with latest generation yeast beta-glucans , vitamin D3, vitamin B6 and Zinc to increase defenses, strengthening the immune system naturally. It contains vitamins and minerals, which, as we have mentioned in the article, are ideal for having a well-reinforced immune system against bacteria and viruses that can create an infection.