With the arrival of spring and the first rays of sun, we should start to think about how to take care of our skin during summer months. Nowadays, we have more and more information about skin protection and not only in summer, but during the 365 days. There is no specific routine to have radiant skin, so in this article we bring you 5 tips to achieve a glowing skin.
Good nutrition and hydration
Diet plays an important role in skin health, as there are certain foods, such as avocado, tomato, walnuts, salmon, etc. , that can help us have radiant skin, due to its nutrient such as vitamin D, omega 3, folic acid, antioxidant properties, which will provide us with what is necessary to have smooth, soft and good-looking skin.
Drinking water helps remove dead cells from our skin and thus cleanses the pores, allowing the skin to breathe well. Between 15% and 20% of the water in our body is found in the skin, a percentage that decreases with age, since we do not manage to retain it well. That is why it is very necessary to hydrate from within to maintain flexible, firm and elastic skin.
A good sleep is essential if we seek to keep skin radiant. Therefore, we must try to sleep between 7 and 8 hours a day. There is research that says that there is a relationship between poor sleep quality and increased signs of aging and decreased skin barrier function.
There are studies that indicate that exercising helps preserve and renew the collagen and elastin in our skin. Collagen is the most abundant component of the skin and is responsible for giving firmness. Also, when we sweat we release toxins and the skin is nourished by the oxygen it consumes. Exercising helps reduce stress, therefore, prevents the appearance of skin diseases such as psoriasis, rosacea, acne and dermatitis.
We can always add a plus to everything we do for our body, with the help of food supplements or nutricosmetics that contain components such as vitamin A, E, C, and antioxidants.
Vitamin A can provide multiple benefits on our immune system, vision, fertility, growth and is one of the most beneficial vitamins for our skin. For example:
- Antioxidant : prevents the action of free radicals, the compounds that damage skin cells.
- Healing: regulates the metabolism of cell regeneration of the horny layer, therefore, there will be greater softness in the skin.
- Hydration: helps keep skin plump, moist and fresh.
- Anti-wrinkles and spots: manages to stimulate skin renewal through better collagen synthesis, fighting wrinkles and dark spots.
- Pigmentation: the consumption of a high content of beta-carotene helps a better tan.
- Anti-acne: helps to reduce pimples, sebum regulation and leaves skin softer.
It is a vitamin that our body does not produce and since it is water soluble, the body absorbs what it needs and eliminates excesses, which is why it is not capable of storing it, therefore, we must obtain it externally through foods such as citrus fruits. But what does this vitamin contribute to the skin?
- Antioxidant: Vitamin C has been shown to help neutralize free radicals in the body that cause oxidative stress. Therefore, it helps prevent premature aging of the skin.
- Collagen: Vitamin C is essential for the creation of collagen, which helps our skin to be firm and even.
- Barrier function: helps reinforce the skin’s barrier function to maintain high moisture levels.
- Depigmentation: thanks to its depigmentation effect , it reduces sun spots, favoring smooth and clean skin.
- Exfoliation: vitamin C manages to correct some imperfections such as blackheads and acne, since it is a natural exfoliator.
Vitamin E is considered the vitamin of youth, as many of the benefits it offers to the skin are to keep it healthy. We can obtain it through the consumption of certain foods such as vegetable oils, nuts, vegetables, fruit and fish. What it gives us is the following:
- Antioxidant: protects the face from harmful agents and prevents premature aging. It also acts as a barrier against sudden changes in temperature, pollution and solar radiation.
- Anti-inflammatory: helps soothe and regenerate damaged skin or skin that contains acne and scars.
Remember that things are not achieved by magic, you must be constant with everything that brings well-being to your body and thus it will be much easier to reach your goal. In addition, you can rely on food supplements to give you that final boost and get what you need.
OlioVita is a food supplement based on sea buckthorn oil, rich in Omega7 and also Omega 3, 6 and 9, as well as Vitamin A and E, which contributes to the nutrition, hydration, protection and regeneration of the skin and mucous membranes.
OlioVita Protect is a food supplement based on exclusive 100% natural extracts with synergistic action: grapefruit and rosemary extract, sea buckthorn oil and vitamin D. It is a supplement that helps provide photoprotection and hydration for the whole body throughout the day.
If you are one of those people who likes to take care of themselves and take time for themselves, these supplements will give you the last push to get the glowing skin you are looking for and, above all, give it protection and hydration from the inside out.