In this article we are going to show what you need and how to cook a Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado. This meals contais avocado, a great source of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids, vitamins and minerals
Nutritional highlights of Healthy Tuna Stuffed Avocado
The versatile avocado is the only fruit that provides a substantial amount of healthy monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA). Avocados are a naturally nutrient-dense food and contain nearly 20 vitamins and minerals. Avocados are a great source of vitamins C, E, K, and B-6, as well as riboflavin, niacin, folate, pantothenic acid, magnesium and potassium. They also provide lutein, beta-carotene and omega-3 fatty acids.
Avocados can help to decrease the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall lower weight.
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area. Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size
- mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl. Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls. Season with salt and pepper.
If you are interested in 100% natural ingredients’ formulas, you can check our breifcase with products of different categories.