In this article we are going to explain all you need and how to cook a beet detox soup
- Cook time: 45 mins
- Total time: 45 mins
- Serves: 2
Pink colored and tasting delicious, this beet soup is a real power house when it comes to nutrition.
Nutritional highlights of beet detox soup
Beetroot is of exceptional nutritional value; especially the greens, which are rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C. Beetroots, are an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fiber, manganese and potassium.
Beets benefits: Lowering blood pressure, boost stamina, fights inflammation, anti cancer properties, detoxification support.
- 3 medium beet roots
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small leek, finely diced
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth, warm
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chia, sunflower and pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- Place the unpeeled beet roots in a pot, cover with water, bring to boil then simmer for 30 minutes until tender.
- Drain from water and set aside to cool.
- Heat the coconut oil in a cast iron skillet, add the onions, garlic, leek, and carrot and cook for 5-7 minutes over low heat. Remove from the heat and transfer onto a plate.
- Peel the beet roots, cut into cubes, and add into the blender, together with the cooked vegetables and warm vegetable broth.
- Process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Season with salt and serve garnished with mixed seeds.
Check our Detox Healthy Bar if you need more information.