Despite leading a fairly hectic lifestyle, we must pay close attention to our diet, since it is still a reflection on our health, physical appearance and inner well-being. We all like to feel and look good, and that is why the consumption of nutricosmetic products has increased lately . In Spain, its consumption ranges between 25 and 30%, especially women, between 30 and 55 years of age. In this article we want to show you all the benefits of nutricosmetics in your daily routine
What is a nutricosmetic ?
Nutricosmetics are the combination of food and personal care. They are food supplements whose active ingredients act directly on the skin and hair. The way that nutricosmetics act on us is different from any other personal care product, that is, it acts from the inside of our body and not externally, as can be the case with creams or masks. It is important to mention that the action that a nutricosmetic will have will depend on the life that each person leads.
Properties of nutricosmetics
- Improve skin hydration: Some of the nutricosmetic foods , such as nuts, contain essential fatty acids such as omega-3 and omega-6, which have moisturizing properties and can help keep skin hydrated.
- Help prevent premature aging: The essential fatty acids found in nutricosmetic foods can also help fight the signs of premature aging, such as wrinkles and fine lines.
- Stimulate Collagen Production: Nutricosmetic foods such as seaweed, flaxseed, and goji berries contain antioxidants that help stimulate the production of collagen, an essential protein for healthy skin.
- Protect against sun damage: Some nutricosmetic foods , such as olive oil, contain antioxidants that help protect the skin from sun damage.
Why take a nutricosmetic and benefits of nutricosmetics?
Nutricosmetics cover different functions on our body:
- With its antioxidant properties, prevent aging and photoaging , sun spots and sun allergy from the inside.
- Repairs damaged tissues.
- Helps maintain a good skin structure, hydrating it and preventing sagging.
Most common categories of nutricosmetics, are those that combat hair loss, oral photoprotection or suncare nutricosmetics , and antioxidants, that is, those that will provide us with what is necessary to have better skin, better hair, nails, and even those who help us fight cellulite.
How long does it take to see the effects of a nutricosmetic?
Nutricosmetics can vary in terms of the time they take to take effect, since it depends on the type of product and the lifestyle of the person who consumes it. In general, it is recommended to take nutricosmetics for a period of at least 3 months to notice significant results. However, in some cases it can act in a few weeks, if you accompany it with a healthy lifestyle.
It is important to highlight that nutricosmetics are not a quick solution, but they are very effective and long-lasting because they help to improve skin problems from the inside, something that a cream will not achieve.
What are the most common compounds of nutricosmetics?
- Vitamin A, D, C
- Fatty acids
- Grapefruit and rosemary polyphenols
- Plant extracts
Relationship between Nutricosmetics and the sun
The sun generates free radicals in our body that are one of the causes of skin problems, since solar radiation emits UVB, UVA, visible and infrared light, they are capable of reaching the dermis (the deepest layer of the skin). These, breaks elastic fibers, promote loss of elasticity, skin dehydration and hyperproduction of melanin is stimulated. All this generates skin problems such as sunspots, sun allergies, photoaging , sunburns, dehydration of the skin and other more serious skin problems.
Here are some tips that may help you:
- Apply sunscreen every two hours and if you already have spots or a sun allergy, apply every hour.
- Do not forget areas such as ears and chest
- The ideal is a sun cream with 50+ protection against UVA, UVB and blue UVA rays.
- Combine sunscreen with oral photoprotection rich in Omega 7 and grapefruit and rosemary extract for comprehensive skin care.
We have developed OlioVita ® Protect , a 100% natural nutricosmetic food supplement that will help prevent damage and care for skin from the sun based on sea buckthorn oil rich in Omega 7, grapefruit extract, rosemary extract and Vitamin D. These ingredients have moisturizing and antioxidant properties, which act by nourishing, protecting and repairing the skin from the harmful effects of the sun’s rays, without blocking the skin’s natural tan. Perfect formula for those who have allergy problems with the sun, sun spots , sun sensitivity or looking for a natural formula to protect the skin and show off a healthy tan .
The harmful effects of the sun are perceived in the outer layers of the skin, but 90% of the damage caused to the skin occurs in the innermost layers. So now you know, if you want to maintain good skin health and show off a healthy tan this summer, trust Oliovita ! protect !