In this article we are trying to explain all you need and how to cook a sweet potato detox soup
- Preparation time: 5 mins
- Cook time: 25 mins
- Total time: 30 mins
- Serves: 2
Packed with vitamin A and fiber, this orange soup is the best choice for a detox dinner.
Nutritional highlights of sweet potato detox soup
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene). They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are a good source of potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
Sweet potato health facts: heart health, skin elasticity, bone health, healthy immune system, anti aging and anti cancerous.
- ½ cup cooked red lentils
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut in cubes
- 3 carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 parsnip, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in quarters
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of chili powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth, warm
- ½ inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Fresh parsley, 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- Heat the oven at 165°C/329°F.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper, add the sweet potato, carrots, parsnip, onion, and garlic, season with salt, chili, turmeric, and cumin, add the coconut oil and toss to combine.
- Roast for 20 minutes then transfer into the blender.
- Add the warm vegetable broth, grated ginger, and cooked red lentils into the blender and process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Serve warm, garnished with fresh parsley.
If you are interesting in natural food supplements for Detox, you can visit our category and you will find products like Vitarlic Cleanse or Chlorella Plus.