The alimentation for a sport aficionado does not have to be different from the rest of the population, if we assume that we follow a healthy, balanced diet. But do not forget that in some moments of the sporting life you will need certain nutrients that may be higher than to those who do not practice sports. We leave you with five basic nutrition tips and hope they are within the range of foods that you have daily at hand they are certainly some that should be part of our daily food intake.
Foods that are considered essential are:
- Blue Fish: essential in an athlete’s diet because it contains high biological value protein, B vitamins and fewer vitamins E, K and B12, and minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, sodium, iodine, zinc, iron and selenium. It is also the main source of omega-3, which is recognized as an anti-inflammatory.
- Leafy greens: generally rich in iron and vitamins and excellent source of dietary fiber, essential for the movement of food through the digestive tract. The main vitamins found in green vegetables are vitamin A, C, B complex, E and K, while minerals calcium, iron, magnesium and potassium dominate. This will help us to delay the onset of lactic acid during exercise, minimizing fatigue, the incidence of ramps and muscle problems.
- Fruits and vegetables of all colors: consumption brings lots of antioxidants that slow the processes of cellular destruction and aging, supporting anti-inflammatory functions, deregulation and repair.
- Nuts: a source of quality fatty acids, omega-3 and omega-6, vitamin E and B vitamins Despite its high caloric intake, the quality of their fat causes them to be exploited for numerous bodily functions and is very beneficial. They also contain calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, and important trace elements such as zinc and selenium, in absorbable forms. These minerals are involved in muscle contraction and relaxation and help maintain healthy joints.
- Water: maintains a good level of hydration allows movement of nutrients to feed the different tissues and is responsible for the ability of cartilage to withstand the pressure and recover after work outs.
Natural multivitamins to help us
Vibracell is a natural multivitamin in which all its ingredients are selected, fresh and of high quality. It is ideal for all kinds of people, both children and adults, especially for those who carry out demanding physical and mental activities during the day.