About one-third of people have ever had a small lesion in the mouth area. Mouth ulces, along with cavities, are one of the most common problems in the entire world population. Here we explain what they are and why mouth ulcers occur.
Definition of mouth ulcer
Mouth ulcers are injuries or irritations that occur inside and outside the mouth, causing discomfort of varying degrees. There are many types of sores. That is why it is important to know how to differentiate them, in order to choose the best remedy for each of them.
A cold sore is a small inflammation that is surrounded by an area reddened by irritation. These mouth sores can be easily confused with cold sores, whereas mouth sores are not contagious. Mouth ulcers are usually more likely to appear inside the mouth, although they can sometimes arise on the outside area.
Cause of mouth ulcers
Here the experts do not agree, so we can not 100% guarantee the cause or causes of mouth ulcers. The majority of professionals point at the following causes:
- Viruses or bacteria
- Weak immune system
- Stress and anxiety
- Addiction to tobacco
- Hormonal changes
- Iron deficiency
- Allergies not yet diagnosed
How to prevent mouth ulcers
If you are prone to have these types of oral irritations we suggest a series of guidelines to avoid their appearance:
- Maintain proper oral hygiene. It is important that you brush your teeth after every meal and use antiseptic rinses to keep your mouth healthy and free of bacteria. Mouthwashes with water and salt are very effective.
- Follow a varied diet. Good nutrition is the basis of a healthy body. He follows a diet low in fat, but rich in fruits and vegetables. Introduce foods rich in vitamin C and omega-3 in your meals. Many mouth ulcers are produced by a diet low in iron, vitamins and minerals. Avoid spicy, over-seasoned or acidic foods.
- Avoid very hot meals. Drinking or over-hot foods can damage the skin of the mouth making it more prone to irritation and infection. Try to take things rather tempered so as not to “burn” the mouth area.
- Reduces stress. Do yoga and meditation exercises to learn to relax and lead a much calmer life. Remember that stress is one of the reasons why mouth ulcers can appear
If mouth ulcers have already appeared, there are some natural formulas that can help to solve this problem sooner. BucoVitae is a innovative formula with hyaluronic acid and sea buckthorn oil with a repairing and moisturizing effect .