In this article we are going to talk about what you need and how to cook Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Beets. This healthty meal is a source of detoxification support.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: Serves 4 to 6 people
Nutritional highlights of Maple Roasted Butternut Squash and Beets
Beetroot is of exceptional nutritional value; especially the greens, which are rich in calcium, iron and vitamins A and C. Beetroots, are an excellent source of folic acid and a very good source of fiber, manganese and potassium.
Beets benefits: Lowering blood pressure, boost stamina, fights inflammation, anti cancer properties, detoxification support.
Butternut squash It has similar mineral profile as that in pumpkin, containing minerals like iron, zinc, copper, calcium, potassium, and phosphorus.
Butternut squash benefits: Prevents high blood pressure, promotes regularity, improves eyesight, keeps bones strong, protects your skin, boosts immune function, reduces inflammation
The nutrients found in maple syrup include energy, water, protein, fat, carbohydrates, and sugars. In terms of minerals, it contains calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus sodium, potassium, and zinc. Vitamins such as thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, and B6 are also found in maple syrup.
Maple Syrup benefits: Antioxidant, low score on the Glycemic index, anti inflammatory, less harmful sweetener due to presence of antioxidants, helps protect skin health, supplies important vitamins and minerals.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large red beet, peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup*
- Zest of 1 orange, optional
- Dried oregano
- Toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash and the beet into ½” cubes.
- Place them in a mixing bowl and add oil, salt, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Toss well using your hands and make sure the veggies are all evenly coated.
- Lay the vegetables out on a large (or two smaller) baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast vegetables for 40 to 50 minutes, stirring once half-way through roasting.
- Place oven on the broil setting for 3 to 5 minutes in order to crisp up the veggies.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with dried oregano, orange zest, and additional salt if desired.
- Serve with toasted walnuts and pistachios.
If you are interested in Detox, ypu can visit our Detox Healthy Bar and you will find information of key ingredients, like chlorella algae