Recently there has been a book published in the US, with the experiences of five human groups located in five different parts of the world, which share three common characteristics: The first is reaching levels of longevity of up to 15 years above the average of current life on the planet. The second is not suffering from diseases and the third is that they have healthy habits in common.
These five human groups, which are the subject of research published in the book to which we refer are in the following locations: La Barbagia (Italy), Okinawa (Japan), a community of Seventh-day Adventists in California, the peninsula Nicoya (Costa Rica) and the Greek island of Ikaria.
Today we present some of the many healthy habits that these groups share as you can see each one belongs to very different culture and also has different religious beliefs.
Below we compiled the healthiest habits of these five groups of people:
- Drinking plenty of water, even without thirst.
- Visit your dentist regularly.
- Eat lots of nuts and dried fruits in general.
- Consume lots of garlic.
- Eat organic food.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables than other types of food.
- Eat many times a day (7 to 10) in small portions.
- Spend time with family outdoors, in touch with nature.
- Do weight lifting exercises.
- Daily celebrate something.
- Abandon coffee and replace it with green tea.
- Eat less red meat and more white meat like fish.
- Aerobic exercise.
- Share time with people who have similar interests.
- Smile and laugh every day several times a day.
- Set goals, goals, goals.
- Yoga practice.
- If possible, do without electronics.
- Sleep at least eight hours a day.
- Always have positive thoughts.
- Keep a low weight according to height.
- Consume a lot of soy.
- Always study something. Learn something new every day.
- At least once a month, have a day alone.
- No smoking.
- Listen to your favorite music.
- Eat a lot of yogurt.
- Consume Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Drink liquor in moderation.
- Play with children.
- Grow your own vegetable garden.
- Enjoy the sun.
- Orange is a prodigious food.
- Stretching the body as much as possible.
- Take a nap after lunch.
- Leave the salt.
- Have good sex with someone you love.
An additional habit, not part of the list extracted from the book but equally useful, If you want to know more information about healthy life you can visit our blog.