Nutritional highlights of Classic Pecan Pie
- Pecan nuts are rich source of energy and contain health benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins that are essential for wellness.
- The nuts are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids like oleic acid and an excellent source of phenolic antioxidants are anti-inflammatory, promote digestive health and heart health.
Ingredients of Classic Pecan Pie
- 1 pie crust (homemadeor readymade)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsatled butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (or thereabouts) pecan halves
Preparation of Classic Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line your pie plate with your pie crust, crimp edges as desired and chill until ready to fill. Note: make sure to use an 8-9” pie plate for this pie; using anything bigger than 9” will result in a not full pie!
- Whisk eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter, salt, and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Place the pecans in a single layer in the bottom of your pie crust. Pour the filling over the top. The pecans will rise to the top of the pie.
- Place the pie on a cookie sheet. Tear off 4” long strips of aluminium foil (about 1 1/2” wide) and wrap the edges of the pie crust so it doesn’t brown too quickly.
Bake for 10 minutes at 425°F. Then lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for 20 minutes. At that time, carefully remove the foil strips, then bake for another 12-16 minutes until the pie is puffed and browned. Remove from oven and cool completely before serving.
If you want more information about healthy meals you can visit our blog.