In this article we are going to show all you need and how to cook a chocolate mousse (*This Chocolate Mousse is vegan, dairy & refined sugar free)
- ¾ cup Cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 can Coconut Milk (13.5 oz)
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips (60-70% cacao)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Place the chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a small saucepan. Heat on medium, stirring occasionally with a rubber spatula until the chocolate is fully melted. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Drain the soaked cashews and place them in a high speed blender. Open the can of coconut and pour just the clear liquid in to the blender with the cashews (reserve the thick cashew cream to use at the end of the recipe). Add the salt, vanilla, and maple syrup to the blender and blend the ingredients until they are totally smooth and silky. Scrape down the sides as needed while blending, there should be no lumps remaining when mixture is fully blended.
- Add the cooled melted chocolate to the blender and blend until well combined, scraping down the sides once.
- Add the reserved coconut cream to the blender along with the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Blend until just combined. Make sure that you don’t over blend the mixture. You want the coconut milk and oil to be fully combined, but only just because this gives the mousse it’s texture.
- Spoon the mousse into 6 small serving dishes or cups. Chill for 4 hours or overnight,.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving, if desired