Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 15 mins
A gorgeous green soup, loaded with vitamins, fiber and minerals.
Broccoli is a very good source of dietary fiber, pantothenic acid, vitamin B6, vitamin E, manganese, phosphorus, choline, vitamin B1, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), potassium, and copper. Broccoli is also a good source of vitamin B1, magnesium, omega-3 fatty acids, protein, zinc, calcium, iron, niacin, and selenium.
Broccoli health facts: Cancer prevention, cholesterol reduction, reducing allergic reaction and inflammation, powerful antioxidant, bone health, heart health, detoxification.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup greens (kale, spinach, beet greens or any other available)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups filtered water or low sodium vegetable broth
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Toasted mixed seeds and nuts, 1 teaspoon coconut milk, to garnish
- In a soup pot, heat the coconut oil, add the onion, garlic, carrot, parsnip, celery sticks and broccoli, and cook over low heat for five minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the filtered water or vegetable broth, bring to a boil, then cover the pot with a lid and let simmer for 5-7 minutes, until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in the greens, then transfer into the blender, add the chia seeds and lemon, and process to obtain a smooth cream.
- Top with toasted seeds and serve warm.
Vitae, because health is more than just the absence of illness!