We have just launched a natural syrup indicated for dry and productive cough. We have taken the opportunity to speak with our technical department so they explain us all the secrets of Vitatuss.
What are the ingredients of Vitatuss?
Vitatuss is a syrup based on of sea buckthorn, elderberry, thyme, mallow, althaea and agave nectar.
What are the properties of these ingredients?
The different active ingredients that contain Vitatuss have multiple traditionally well-known applications:
- Sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides), a spiny bush whose fruit and its oil protect, soften and form a film on the mucous membranes of the throat. Due to its mucilage content, it provides antitussive action, in addition to contributing and supporting the immune system.
- Elderberry (Sambucus nigra), a plant of the Adoxaceae family, with expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antitussive properties that is traditionally used for the treatment and prevention of cold symptoms.
- Thyme (Thymus vulgaris), is a type of bush in the family of labiates that is popularly used both as a food condiment and for its medicinal properties, among which its expectorant, antitussive and antiseptic action stands out. Also has a soothing and pleasant effect on the throat, pharynx and vocal chords.
- Malva (Malva sylvestris), an herbaceous plant of the Malvaceae family with local anti-inflammatory and antitussive action due to its mucilage content.
- Althaea (Althaea officinalis), like Malva, is an herbaceous plant of the Malvaceae family with antitussive action due to its mucilage content.
- Agave has benefits as a soothing for dry and irritating cough, thanks to the formation of a protective and soothing film on the throat, just similar to honey.
Why is it different?
Thanks to its formula, Vitatuss is a pleasant and fruity syrup, based on natural extracts. Vitatuss, combines the benefits of traditional remedies with sea buckthorn, as a differentiating element for its wide variety of actions, in a single syrup suitable for the whole family (since it can be taken after 3 years of age).
Apart from the benefits of the already well-known ingredients, we added sea buckthorn, rich in mucilages, to protect and soften the mucous membranes. It cover the mucosa forming a film, in addition to containing the local anti-inflammatory effect and having antiseptic effect. Sea buckthorn is also rich in vitamin C, which contributes to the immune system in cold episodes.
Ah! And also, it is gluten free, lactose free and suitable for vegans.