In this article we are going to talk about another healthy meal: watermelon gazpacho. Put a sweet spin on this traditional cold soup that will make hot days a little more bearable.
Watermelon is a low-calorie, hydrating fruit that is a natural high antioxidant food, plus a source of vitamins and minerals that can help fight inflammation.
- 5 cups peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped watermelon, plus 1 cup finely chopped
- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced celery (about 2 stalks)
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- Juice of 1 lime (about 3 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, minced
- Chop the watermelon and put in the blender, puree until mixture is smooth. Pass through a fine sieve into a large bowl, discarding pulp.
- Add cucumber, celery, bell pepper, onion, herbs, lime juice, vinegar, jalapeno, and remaining cup chopped melon to watermelon liquid, and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, and place in refrigerator until soup is well chilled, at least 1 hour. Serve, or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
If you liked this article about another healthy meal (watermelon gazpacho) you can visit our blog and you will find more posts about healthy life.