With the aim of improving the lives of children and their families at a difficult time in their lives, Vitae and the Sant Joan de Déu hospital have joined forces in a collaboration that will take place on a monthly basis. The collaboration will allow different activities that thanks to collaborations like ours are made possible. Among them are:
- Humanization and conditioning of spaces, hostels and social apartments.
- Complementary therapies such as music therapy, dog-assisted therapy, etc.
- Financial aid and transportation.
- Training and access to ICT for people in vulnerable situations.
- Cultural and leisure activities.
- Support for families of hospitalized children and adults.
- Sensitization of the various causes of vulnerability.
- Attention and personalized accompaniment.
- Social and biomedical research.
- International cooperation.
Learn more about the Solidarity of Sant Joan de Déu hospital
San Joan de Déu is a very veteran institution, with more than 500 years of history. Its origins can be found in the life of Joao Cidade, a person who is dedicated to caring for the most vulnerable people in society and did so thanks to the support he received from the wealthy people of his time in Granada, where he lived. Caring for the most vulnerable people is the mission of the Sant Joan de Déu Hospitaller Order, which is carried out in more than 50 countries around the world.
The network of Sant Joan de Déu centers mainly attends to the following areas of vulnerability:
- Childhood hospitalized or with chronic or minority disease. In Barcelona they have a pediatric hospital and the Pediatric Cancer Center.
- People with mental disorder. In Sant Boi and Barcelona they have health parks, residential centers, day centers and other facilities to care for people with mental disorders and promote their inclusion in the community.
- People with intellectual disabilities. They have two Special Work Centers.
- Refugee families and migrants. In Calella (Maresme) and Manresa, they have centers where we welcome refugees.
- Homeless. In the metropolitan area of Barcelona, they serve more than 400 people.
- People in a situation of dependency. In Barcelona they have the Dependency Care Foundation, where they train women in situations of social exclusion and offer them work as caregivers.
We are excited to start this collaboration and look forward to achieving great things together. Thank you for supporting us in our mission to make the world a better place!