In this article we are going to show you how you need for a Spiced Mulled Wine. It is a wine that has been spiced, sweetened, and served warm- usually with some sort of liquor (brandy). It is a traditional holiday drink made with red wine, brandy, and mulling spices like cloves, star anise, and cinnamon. It’s delicious, cozy, and guaranteed to warm you from the inside out.
Ingredients of Spiced Mulled Wine
- 1 bottle cabernet sauvignon
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 oranges, divided, one to be juiced, the other peel thinly removed (take off the peel without taking too much of the pith)
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anises, whole
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4-1/3 cup brandy
- orange slices, for garnish
- Add all ingredients and sliced oranges to a slow cooker. Top with the lid and place on high heat. When the mixture is hot move to the “keep warm” setting.
- Serve hot with orange slices.
Homemade mulled wine is incredibly easy to make on the stovetop (or simmer in the slow cooker), it’s easy to customize with your favorite spices and add-ins, and it is SO cozy and delicious. Perfect for winter and holiday entertaining!
If you want to know healthy meals and some interesting articles about nutrition and healthy life, you can visit our blog