In this article we are going to show what you need and how to cook a spiced hot fruit bake.
Nutritional highlights of a Spiced hot fruit bake
- Apples: contain important nutritional elements include vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin B6, and riboflavin, as well as minerals like potassium, copper, manganese, and magnesium. Apples are also very good sources of dietary fiber, and a single serving provides 12% of the daily fiber requirement.
- Pears: contain vitamins and minerals, vitamin C, vitamin K, copper and potassium. Vitamin C: This is an antioxidant that is important for immune function and skin health. Vitamin K: A deficiency in vitamin K has been linked to bleeding, osteoporosis and heart disease.
- Cranberries: contain phytonutrients offer antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer health benefits. Cranberries are a very good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and manganese, as well as a good source of vitamin E, vitamin K, copper and pantothenic acid.
- Pineapple: It is a storehouse of huge health benefits due to its wealth of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals, including potassium, copper, manganese, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, beta carotene, thiamin, B6, and folate, as well as soluble and insoluble fiber.
- 2 cup sliced apples
- 2 cups green pear slices
- 1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup pineapple chunks (save the juice)
- lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 stick melted butter or 4 tbsp melted earth balance vegan butter
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a large bowl, toss your fruit and add in 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Set aside.
- In another glass bowl, combine your melted butter, sugar, spices, and coconut oil.
- Add in honey and a little bit of your leftover pineapple juice as well.
- Add this sugar/butter mixture to your fruit and coat evenly.
- Pour fruit evenly in a 9×12 baking dish.
- Pour the leftover sugar/butter/oil mixture on top.
- baking for 1 hr.
- Add your nuts last.
- Mix fruit again and serve.
- You can also add your nuts in the last 30 minutes of the baking time if you prefer them hot and baked as well.