In this article we are going to talk about what you need and how to cook green olive, walnut & pomegranate salad. This formula contains omega 3, an excellent source of anti-inflamamtory fatty acids
Nutritional highlights of Green olive, walnut & pomegranate salad
Green olives are high in vitamin E: high-fat plant foods usually contain the highest amounts of this powerful antioxidant and contain Copper: This essential mineral is often lacking in the typical western diet.
Green olives health facts: eliminate excess cholesterol, control blood pressure, source of fiber, source of vitamin E, antioxidant, anti cancer, anti anemia, enhances fertility, protects the heart, improving memory.
Walnuts are an excellent source of anti-inflammatory omega-3 essential fatty acids, in the form of alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). Walnuts are also rich in antioxidants, including being a very good source of manganese and copper. They are also a good source of molybdenum and the B vitamin biotin.
Walnuts health facts: cancer fighting properties, heart health, powerful antioxidant, improved reproductive health in men, brain health, diabetes
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped (I added more)
- 1/4 cup unsalted shelled pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (I added more like a cup)
- 2 small shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red Serrano chile, seeded and finely diced (I used green)
- 1 tablespoon shredded flat-leaf parsley (or more)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil (optional — use extra virgin olive oil if you don’t have walnut)
- splash of pomegranate molasses (optional)
- juice of ½ lemon
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. Scatter the walnuts onto a jelly-roll pan and roast for 5-10 minutes, until deep golden brown. Pour the nuts into a tea towel and rub well to remove as much skin as possible. Chop the walnuts coarsely and toss in a sieve to remove any remaining skin or dust.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and toss gently. Leave to stand for 5 minutes or so before serving to allow flavors to meld. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary — add more lemon, olive oil, pepper, salt (just be careful because the olives are salty), etc.
Check our Cardiovascular Category where you can find natural formulas as Vitae Cardio.