In this article we are going to show you what you need and how to cook a Greek yoghurt pumpkin bread
Nutritional highlights of Greek yoghurt pumpkin bread
Pumpkin: the impressive health benefits of pumpkin are derived from the organic compounds, nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that they contain. This list includes a huge amount of vitamin A, as well as significant amounts of vitamins C, E, B6, niacin, thiamin, pantothenic acid, and folate.
- 1 cup pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling and NOT the entire can)
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or pumpkin Greek yogurt if you can find it)
- 1 large egg, organic recommended for flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour (white or white-whole wheat)*
- 1/2 cup oat flour (blended oats)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a bread pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the pumpkin, Greek yogurt, egg, vanilla, coconut oil (measure in MELTED form), and brown sugar until well combined,
- In another bowl, stir together the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, nutmeg, flour, and oat flour (measure oat flour AFTER blending the oats; to make oat flour, put old fashioned or quick oats in a blender and pulse them until they resemble flour).
- Mix the wet and dry together until just combined (over-mixing will yield a denser bread). Stir in the chocolate chips if desired.
- (If you are a huge spice lover you may want to increase spices – taste the batter to decide!)
- Pour into the prepared bread ban and bake for 55-65 minutes or until a fork when inserted into the center comes out clean or the bread starts to pull away from the edges. If needed, tent the top with tin foil if the top of the bread is baking faster than the rest.
- Err on the side of barely under baking the bread for a softer and denser pumpkin bread.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. (I microwave a piece for 10-15 seconds before enjoying). Best eaten within 3 days otherwise tightly wrap individual pieces and freeze