In this article we are going to show you what you need and how to cook a California Spicy Shrimp Stack
Nutritional highlights of Spicy Shrimp Stack
- Brown rice: before white rice went through the refining process, it at one time looked exactly like brown rice. Brown rice, unlike white rice, still has the side hull and bran. The side hulls and brans provide “natural wholeness” to the grain and are rich in proteins, thiamine, calcium, magnesium, fiber, and potassium.
- Shrimp are supercharged with vitamin B12 and selenium. In addition, they provide a fair amount of vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin B6, iron, magnesium, sodium (salt), zinc and copper. Surprisingly, they also contain some vitamin C.
- Avocado is Incredibly Nutritious, high in Potassium, loaded with Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids. Avocados are loaded with fiber and can lower cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- 1 1/3 cups cooked short-grain brown rice (from 1/2 cup uncooked)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 8 ounces cooked shrimp, peeled and tails removed
- 1 cup diced cucumber (about 1 small)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup mashed avocado (about 1 medium)
- 4 teaspoons Furikake (or use sesame seeds)
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and oil. When rice is done, add rice vinegar and stir. Evenly spread rice on a sheet pan to cool.
Cut shrimp into 1-inch cubes. In a small bowl, combine cucumber and chives. In another small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sriracha sauce.
Using a 1 cup dry measuring cup, layer ¼ cup cucumber, then 2 tablespoon of avocado, then ¼ of the shrimp, and 1/3 cup rice. Carefully turn the cup upside down to turn the stack out onto a plate, lightly tapping the bottom of the cup if necessary. Sprinkle with Furikake and drizzle with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and sriracha mayonnaise. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
If you liked this article and you want to know more healthy meals, you can visit our blog and you will find more about nutrition and healthy lifestyle